Monday 20 January 2014

Quick report 3

A long time I did not add the news to the blog, but during this time a lot has been done. 
I propose a quick overview of what is already done.

The controller board is fully assembled and is now being actively writing and testing the software part for controller and PC.


Power modules are modified for use with L297 (adds two powerful resistor for determining current in the motor coils). 2 of 3 are ready.

From the final stage and up to the original.

A huge progress on the mechanical part. Important decision - a complete rejection of a belt drive. I will leave it for another project. Once I tried to complete the build of one of the axes on the belt transmission, I realized that for this project I need more precision and high end torque. It was decided to replace all the threads axis. In an end result, I got a very slow but accurate movement of platforms, which is almost impossible to stop by hands. To move for 1 mm requires about 166 steps of the motor. It is about 0.006 mm per 1 step. Not mention the fact that it is possible to switch to half-step mode, where the required is 166 * 2 for every millimeter.

X axis mechanics

Y axis mechanics

General view. It remains to make the vertical axis Z and set the limit switches for each axis.

A bit later I will add video and more detailed description.

No comments:

Post a Comment